I’m convinced that one of the reasons we all cherish Christmas is how the season just delights our senses! Let your children explore and create their own holiday memories with these awesome Christmas sensory play ideas!
Links that are featured in the image have an asterisk.
Sugar Cookie Sensory Rice from Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
Sparkling Christmas Sensory Bin from Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes
* Nature Inspired Christmas Sensory Bin from Cutting Tiny Bites
Slimes and Doughs
* Christmas Lights Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands
* Christmas Ornament Slime from The Pleasantest Thing
Gingerbread Play Dough from Little Bins for Little Hands
Sugar Plum Fairy No Cook Play Dough from Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
* Decorate a Play Dough Christmas Tree from Mama Papa Bubba. Extra good for fine motor skills!
Gross Motor and MORE!
Don’t Ring the Bells Obstacle Course from Childhood 101. Awesome way to challenge the vestibular and proprioceptive senses with holiday flare!
Wise Men Sensory Obstacle Course from My Mundane and Miraculous Life. Pretend to be the Wise Men looking for baby Jesus in this vestibular and proprioceptive loaded course.
* Exploring the Smells of Christmas from KC Edventures. Ah the smells of Christmas! This one will delight and challenge.
I Spy Christmas Tree Game from Little Bins for Little Hands. Simple, mess free and great for visual motor skills!
* Christmas Calm Down Jars (AKA Snow Globes) from The Pleasantest Thing. Help your kids unwind and relax while watching some falling “snow”.