Inside you’ll find: Over 40 crafts, activities and object lessons that go with each of the chapters of the popular Jesus Storybook Bible.
Reading the same book over and over is a common practice for young children. Sometimes those books make parents want to pull their hair out, but other stories grip the hearts of adults too. I’m so thankful that my boys LOVE to read the “Jesus Storybook Bible” by Sally Lloyd-Jones.
This Bible is quite different from the typical children’s Bible. Instead of seemingly random stories, the author uses 43 Bible stories to show that the Bible is really ONE story; the story of a heroic Rescuer who sacrifices everything for the people who ran away from him. The themes that run throughout the Bible are made explicit. If you’ve never viewed the Bible as one cohesive message, be prepared to be blown away by God’s love letter to his people down through the ages.
Looking for MORE recommendations on AMAZING children’s Bible’s? These are must haves for your library or church.
I’m ridiculously excited and honored to have gathered some terrific bloggers together to produce these interactive, hands-on learning activities for each chapter of this awesome book. Each day, for the next 44 days, we will add a new activity, craft, science experiment or object lesson to bring the truth of The Word, off the pages and into the hearts and minds of kids.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Join us in this exciting journey! (And if you’re wondering WHY I’d ever believe the Bible and base my life on it, stick around, I’m working on that post! 😉 ) Need a Jesus Storybook Bible? Here’s the basic one and here’s the one with the audio retelling of the stories and a DVD which are superb!
Activities for the Jesus Storybook Bible:
1) The Story and the Song: Introduction: Free Printable Puzzle by My Mundane and Miraculous Life
2) The beginning: a Perfect Home: Creation Lunch by My Joy Filled Life
3) The Terrible Lie: The Fall: Snake Craft by Tales of Beauty for Ashes
4) A New Beginning: Noah’s Ark: Sensory Bin by Tales of Beauty for Ashes
5) A Giant Staircase to Heaven: The Tower of Babel: Pretend Play by Bare Feet on the Dashboard
6) Son of Laughter: Isaac and the Promise: Stars Object Lesson by My Mundane and Miraculous Life
7) The Present: God Asks Abraham to Sacrifice Isaac: (Sadly this blog no longer exists. Check back later for a new activity.)
8) The Girl No One Wanted: Leah Inner: Beauty Object Lesson by Vanessa Baker
9) The Forgiving Prince: Joseph and His Brothers: (Sadly this blog no longer exists. Check back later for a new activity.)
10) God to the Rescue: Moses and the Passover: Sensory Bin by Something 2 Offer
11) God Makes a Way: Moses and the Red Sea: Science Experiment by Bare Feet on the Dashboard
12) Ten Ways to Be Perfect: The 10 Commandments: Make a Booklet by Feels Like Home
13) The Warrior Leader: Joshua and the Battle of Jericho: Build a City by Hip Homeschooling
14) The Teeny Weenie True King: David Anointed King: Anointing and blessing Your Kids by Bare Feet on the Dashboard
15) The Young Hero and the Horrible Giant: David and Goliath: Role Play and Coloring Sheet by Hip Homeschooling
16) The Good Shepherd: David’s Life and Psalm 23: Sheep Activities by Simple Life Messy Life
17) A Little Servant Girl and the Proud General: Naaman, Elisha and the Servant Girl: Role Play by Simple Life Messy Life
18) Operation “No More Tears!”: Isaiah’s Prophecy: Letter Writing by Feels Like Home
19) Daniel and the Scary Sleepover: Daniel and the Lion’s Den: Small World Play by Teach Me Mommy
20) God’s Messenger: Jonah: Role Playing Game by Bare Feet on the Dashboard
21) Get Ready! Ezra, Nehemiah and the Return of the Exiles: Object Lesson by My Mundane and Miraculous Life
22) He’s Here! Jesus’ Birth (Mary): Baby Jesus Craft by My Joy Filled Life
23) The Light of the Whole World: Jesus’ Birth (Shepherds): (Sadly this blog no longer exists. Check back later for a new activity.)
24) The King of All Kings: Jesus’ Birth (Wise Men): Sensory Obstacle Course by My Mundane and Miraculous Life
25) Heaven Breaks Through: Jesus’ Baptism with John the Baptist: Object Lesson by Future Flying Saucers
26) Let’s Go! Jesus’ Temptation and Choosing Disciples: Object Lesson by Future Flying Saucers
27) A Little Girl and a Poor Frail Lady: Jairus’ Daughter (Luke 8): (Sadly this blog no longer exists. Check back later for a new activity.)
28) How to Pray: The Lord’s Prayer: Prayer Bracelets by Adventures in Mommydom
29) The Singer: The Sermon on the Mount: Bird Feeder Craft by Feels Like Home
30) The Captain of the Storm: Jesus Calms the Storm: Object Lesson by Hip Homeschooling
31) Filled Full! Feeding of the 5,000: Teaching Kids to Give by Bare Feet on the Dashboard
32) Treasure Hunt! Parable of the Hidden Treasure (Matt. 13): Scavenger Hunt by Feels Like Home
33) The Friend of Little Children: Jesus and the Children: An Act of Friendship by Simply Vicki
34) The Man who didn’t have any Friends: Zacchaeus: Sensory Pretend Play by Squiggles and Bubbles
35) Running Away: The Prodigal Son: Pretend Play by Simple Life Messy Life
36) Washed with Tears: Sinful Woman Anoints Jesus: Oil Sensory Experience by Bare Feet on the Dashboard
37) The Servant King: The Last Supper: Pretend Play AND Crafts by Intentional by Grace
38) A Dark Night in the Garden: Jesus’ Arrest: Object Lesson by My Mundane and Miraculous Life
39) The Sun Stops Shining: The Crucifixion: Lesson by Future Flying Saucers
40) God’s Wonderful Surprise: The Resurrection: Resurrection Cookies by I Can Teach My Child
41) Going Home: The Ascension: Interactive Craft by Pray Species
42) God Sends Help: Pentecost: Pretend Play PLUS a bunch more activities by Squiggles and Bubbles
43) A New Way to See: Paul: Object Lesson by My Mundane and Miraculous Life
44) A Dream of Heaven: John’s Vision of Heaven: Sensory Bin and Sorting Activity by My Mundane and Miraculous Life
Looking for MORE recommendations on AMAZING children’s Bible’s? Check out this ever-growing list of our favorite kids Bibles and devotionals!
Thaleia from Something2Offer says
Thanks so much for organizing this collection of Bible based activities. I cannot wait to share more with you. Thank you for featuring our 10 plagues of Egypt Sensory Bin.
Of course Thaleia! I’m really excited about it too! Thanks for joining us!
Such an exciting giveaway! We have not read these — they look awesome! Thank you for hosting this giveaway! Good luck to everyone!
Thanks! We’re pretty excited too!
Rachel Banner says
Just went through these lessons as part of my summer preschool program with my in-home daycare kids. I used this with kids from ages 1-5. We did two lessons per day, twice a week (4 lessons a week). It was perfect! A great way to introduce Jesus to my kids. I actually had parents request that I teach about Jesus to their kids. This was great and easy!
Oh that’s incredible! I’m so glad you are getting truth into young hearts and preparing the soil for them to have faith and repentance!
Heidi Zapolski says
I have wanted this Bible for my kids for a while now! The church that we are now attending uses this Bible for their kids program and our pastor strongly recommends it. When choosing a first Bible for my son, this was one that I considered and have since wished I had purchased for him. Thanks for the chance to win one!
Of course! Thanks for commenting!
barnolds barnes says
I just borrowed the Jesus Storybook Bible from a friend and would love to have one of my own. Thanks for the activities to go along with it! Hopefully my son will really get the info to sink in with the activities as reinforcement.
Thanks for commenting! We’re hoping it will be a great resource for years to come!
Jennifer Mathesz says
I love how this book ties every bible story back to His plan and the promise he would send us a Savior!! Thanks for all the great activities to go along with.
Yes! Definitely shows how God has been at work throughout history! Hope you enjoy the activities!
What a nice contest.
Tammy Cordery says
I have been looking at this bible for my children for a long time. It is great that you are giving one away thank you.
Of course! I wholeheartedly recommend it!
Cheryl Rahkonen says
I love the activities that go along with the Storybook Bible. Reading these stories with children and doing the activities would be so much fun and an awesome learning experience for the children; and Mom and Dad or Grandma and Grandpa may just learn a few things, too.
It’s so true, I have a bachelor’s in Biblical Studies, and I still find something new when I read these to my kids!
Stacy Wood says
My 6yr old LOVES this book/cd’s
cori jones white says
we have a kindle version and love it….but a hard copy would be amazing! I have three stairsteps and new bible story books every few months keep it fresh and exciting for them!
I just saw this for the first time today! I really want to get one for my LO.
What a great collection of activities to accompany the Jesus Storybook Bible. I know first hand how crafts and experiences help children remember the stories. My five year old runs around the house all week playing with his crafts from Sunday school. I’ve been trying to decide which Children’s Bible to get to for our home and keep coming back to this one. Thank you for putting this together.
Miranda Zielke says
We have the Kindle version of the story book, but would LOVE to receive the printed copy! I think it would be a lot easier to use alongside the amazing activity ideas provided. Thank you so much for this opportunity to win!
I’m most excited about the activities, I have seen the book before but I think the activities will make all the difference
I’d love to have this book for my girls!
Love,love this idea! I simply must have it!
Danielle Hull says
Wow, thanks for all of the ideas!!!
Teri P. says
Wow! Thank you for all of the ideas to use with the Jesus Storybook Bible! I teach our children’s class at church and I am always looking for craft/activity ideas!
Amanda Morris says
Sweet activity book I hope i win this
Kim Hampton says
This would be perfect for my daughter’s Sunday school class! Thanks for the giveaway.
I am a teacher at a small Christian school and this would be a great addition to individual learning activities or something of the sort. Can’t wait to supplement our daily Bible Lesson with some of your activities! Thanks for hosting the giveaway and posting the ideas! MBS.
mARY m. says
i ENJOYED VISITING YOUR SITE.
Mary M. says
Sounds like a good book. I enjoyed visiting your website.
mARY m. says
I enjoyed visiting your website. Thanks for the info.
mARY m. says
Thanks for all the information and such good ideas.
Mary m. says
I am glad that I came across your website. Thanks for all the information.
Allison Redd says
We love the Jesus Storybook Bible but I have never thought about doing special activities with the stories — these are great! Thank you!
Thanks! I hope they add to your kids understanding and fun!
Michelle Hortenberry says
If you want activities to do with the Jesus Storybook Bible during ADVENT, check this out. I made this for my son and nephew last year. http://hubpages.com/holidays/AdventActivityKits
I love this! Unfortunately the link to #40 “Going Home” does not work. However I was able to find where the link was supposed to lead by doing a search on her page. The correct link is http://prayspecies.com/going-home-an-ascension-craft/ I hope this is helpful.
Christy L Stimson says
I am trying to access these activities and printables and I’m not able to for some reason.