Pumpkins are magical!
I’m not sure if it’s the fairy tale legends surrounding them or the incredible seasonal food they make, but kids and adults alike LOVE pumpkins!
Check out these fun new sensory ways to enjoy the pumpkin season! You’ll find lots of tactile play ideas as well as some gross motor play that provides great proprioceptive and vestibular input!
Asterisk indicates the activity is pictured in the above collage.
Pumpkin Oobleck Little Bins for Little Hands
Pumpkin Clean Mud Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
* Glow in the Dark Pumpkin Slime Learn, Play, Imagine
* How to Dye Pumpkin Seeds for Sensory Bins Sugar Aunts
* Pumpkin Chuckin’ Gross Motor Game B-Inspired Mama
* Scrub a Pumpkin Game Mama’s Happy Hive
* Gourd Balancing Challenge AND Pumpkin Ring Toss Fireflies and Mud Pies
Pumpkin Freeze Dance Game The Pleasantest Thing
* ABC Pumpkin Hop The Pleasantest Thing
A bunch of Gross Motor Pumpkin Games The Pleasantest Thing
Scented Pumpkin Puffy Paint The Chaos and the Clutter
I-Spy Pumpkin Sensory Bag Teaching Mama
And don’t waste a bit of that Pumpkin! Use it all up with these great ideas! Little Bins for Little Hands
Follow Me on Pinterest where you’ll find all sorts of boards to interest you including Autumn Themed Boards, Sensory Boards, and just plain Fun Play Boards!
Looking for a way to explain Sensory Processing Disorder to your Child’s Care Givers. Check out the details of this printable brochure!