This post is part of the series How to Green Up Your Life Without Getting Overwhelmed.
This post may contain affiliate links that help support my family. Read more about that here.
I wish I could spell out the way my three year old say coconut oil. It’s hilarious. You’ll just have to use your imagination. Here’s a list of what we use this great product for:
- Moisturizer/Lotion: Great for the face and the whole body. A little goes a LONG way. Might feel greasy at first. Use less and rub it in. It also roughly 4 SPF!
- Face Wash and Eye Make-Up Remover: When you need to get rid of raccoon eyes, this does the trick and protects delicate under-eye tissue. I also use this to wash my whole face. (More on that later)
- Diaper Cream: Worked on almost every rash the boys have unleashed. Also compatible with cloth diapering!
- Vegetable Oil Substitute for cooking: Just make sure to melt it.
- Greasing Pots and Pans: Just rub it on.
- Replaces WD-40: I’m not kidding. Works like a charm.
- Oil Pulling: This is kind of like a weird addition to flossing. I’ve tried to get into it, but swishing something in my mouth for twenty minutes, first thing in the morning is ridiculous with little kids. I hope that once they start sleeping better that I can implement this practice.
- Carrier Oil: The world of essential oils can be overwhelming. Most need to be diluted before putting them onto your skin. Coconut oil is a good option.
The best price I’ve ever found was at Costco. $16 for a huge 54 oz. jar. Crazy cheap compared to the baking aisle at your local grocery store. Please use your head and store this stuff in different tubs for different uses. Nobody wants diaper cream in their brownies! 😉