My boys think that a cookie without chocolate is a waste, until I introduced them to these Molasses cookies.
If you’re looking for a way to satisfy your sweet tooth in a unique way, give these delicious morsels a try!
If you’ve never had a molasses cookie, you’re missing out.
I’m a big fan of the combination of sweet and salty. And the molasses and sugar in this cookie give it just that!
- 1½ cups of SOFTENED butter (not melted)
- 2 cups of sugar
- ¼ cup of molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups of flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl use a mixer to beat the butter and sugar until well creamed.
- Add eggs and molasses, beating for another 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll dough into small balls. Toss each ball into a bowl of sugar to coat it.
- Place on baking sheet and bake 7-9 minutes (until edges brown.) Immediately place on a cooling rake.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk!
Recipe adapted from Give Me Some Oven.
I love a little variety in the cookie world, and so will you! Enjoy!
Wanna know what to do with the extra molasses? Try making the most ridiculously easy ingredient from scratch, brown sugar. Here’s how.
If you enjoy REAL food, join my exclusive natural living facebook group. You’ll have a place to answer questions and get encouragement. No judgement! (Find us here!)
Jennifer Tammy says
These are one of my favourite cookies!!! So excited to have an easy recipe to make them 🙂